The revealing and surprising inside story of the legendary BMC Works Competitions Department told by the three Competition Managers of the highly successful BMC/British Leyland race and rally teams based at Abingdon. The book reveals the inner workings and machinations of one of the most successful motor sport teams Britain has ever seen. Based on previously unpublished internal memos and documents, and the recollections of the prime movers, the book describes the ups and downs, and the politics of big time competition in an exciting era. An excellent and entertaining read and an important factual documentation, no motor sport enthusiast should be without this book.
• Be prepared! – much of this is sensational
• The truth behind the Mini’s Monte Carlo disqualification in 1966
• Never before published photos and internal memos and documents
• An insight to the politics of BMC and its movers and shakers
• Details of planned prototypes