An electric bicycle is, quite simply, a normal bicycle with an added battery and electric motor that just about double your pedal power – able to waft up hills and into headwinds, they take the sweat out of cycling, and give you supercharged legs!
How long does the battery last? Are they expensive to run? Do you need a licence and insurance?
This book is a complete buyer’s guide to electric bicycles, and it answers all of these questions and more. Outlining the advantages (and pitfalls), with an overview of the types of bike available, what to look for, and why you should buy one, you’ll also find useful contacts such as importers, websites and magazines, with advice on where you can ride and the law, including new legislation coming in 2017.
Battery charging and maintenance is described, as well as some basic cycle maintenance, and there’s an analysis of running costs and a look at the world of easy cycling they open up – electric bikes are not just for holidays.
• Aimed at first time electric bike buyers
• A complete buyer’s guide
• Overview of what’s available – electric road bikes, mountain bikes, folders and city bikes
• What to look for – warranties, dealers
• Should you buy a kit or a complete bike?
• The law on electric bikes explained
• Advice on charging and battery care
• Not just for holidays – what you can do with your electric bike
• Running costs analysed
• Useful contacts – websites, importers, magazines