Although the idea of an electric car is almost 180 years, old it is only now that we are learning to embrace the thought that our petrol cars won’t last forever.
There might be several reasons why you’re holding this book in your hand. Concern about the environment, determination to cut your fuel bill, or simply curiosity. Whatever the reason, the answer is within. This consumer guide is for housewives, petrol-heads, pedestrians, green activists, everyone – but most importantly, it’s for you. Unlike most previous publications and TV shows, it looks at various aspects of green motoring – because when it comes to cars, there is no universal truth. What if we all had to say goodbye to petrol cars tomorrow? Our aim is to tell you about the pros and cons of electric motoring, so that you can confidently choose what your next car will look like. We will help you decide whether electric cars can make a difference to your purse and the environment.
With a concise catalogue covering the best production models and the most promising prototypes, this book is the definitive guide to the future of motoring.
• The consumer guide to electric cars
• UK government offers £5000 subsidy to first 8600 buyers from January 2011
• True facts and figures about electric cars
• The pros and cons of the electric car
• 67 photographs and diagrams
• Details of the best electric cars available today and in the very near future
• An overview of hybrids, solar-powered and other alternative cars
• An insight to the future of motoring and how we can all be a part of it