Drawing on first-hand experience of what can happen when you rely on basic paperwork and goodwill alone, this Essential Buyer’s Guide offers a unique insight into the would-be problems and pitfalls of buying a 1964-1973 first generation Ford Mustang.
Learn the strengths and weaknesses of Mustangs from an author with years of experience, performing ground-up restorations of these iconic cars. Learn what models and variants are on offer, what popular upgrades are commonly performed by their owners, and their effect on market values. Whether you want a show-car, a daily driver or a restoration project, all the key points and checks are here, ranging from paperwork to market values and from trim to engine condition. This book is the essential companion when looking to buy one of America’s original Pony Cars.
• Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from real ownership experience
• Coverage of all major 1964-1973 models
• Where and how to buy a Ford Mustang
• Advice on choosing the right model for you
• Key checks – how to spot a car in bad condition quickly
• Comprehensive inspection guide
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Discussion of desirable options, aftermarket upgrades and modifications
• Market and value data, including collectable models
• Details of club back-up and support organizations