For anyone with an interest in, or who is thinking of buying, one of the classic Jaguar compact saloons from the 1950s and 1960s, this Essential Buyer’s Guide is a vital requirement. All the models are covered, from the early 2.4- and 3.4-litre saloons from the late 1950s, through to the very last 240 models, AND, just as importantly, the Daimler derivatives with the V8 engines.
The models are looked at in detail, and analysed for their strengths and weaknesses, to provide the best possible advice on what to look for and how to buy the best you can afford. A handy pocket-sized guide that will always be at your side for constant reference.
• Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from years of real ownership experience
• Where and how to buy a Jaguar Mark 1 & 2
• Advice on choosing the right model and condition
• Key checks – how to spot a bad car quickly
• Comprehensive inspection guide
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Discussion of desirable upgrades as well as modifications to avoid
• Market and value data, predicts which models will become collectable
• Details of club back-up and support organisations