The Series III Land Rover further developed the successive refinements of the Series I,II and IIA models, yet remained true to its original design as a utility vehicle for farmers; one that could be repaired and maintained with the minimum of specialist tools. It rapidly built up a worldwide reputation for rugged capability, which led to it being adopted by police forces and armies worldwide.
The book decribes the step-by-step development of the Series III, so the potential buyer becomes aware of each model’s individual strengths and weaknesses. Having chosen your preferred model, you are professionally guided through important aspects of the retail market, and given clear instructions on where and how to check for problems before you buy. You will also be equipped to test drive your potential purchase with competence. Running and maintenance costs are realistically appraised, and a comprehensive checklist is provided to aid you through the evaluation process.
With over 100 colour photographs integrated into the concise and informative text, this book really is the expert in your pocket.
• Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from years of real ownership experience
• Full coverage of all short and long wheelbase models
• Where and how to buy a Series III Land Rover
• Advice on choosing the right model and condition
• Key checks – how to spot a bad vehicle quickly
• Comprehensive inspection guide
• In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
• Discussion of desirable upgrades as well as modifications to avoid
• Market and value data, predicts which models will become collectible
• Details of club back-up and support organisations