Stag enthusiast Norm Mort teams-up with Stag restorer and expert Tony Fox to write this handy pocket-size guide. Triumph’s Stag combined the smoothness and performance of a V8 in stylish Italian coachwork designed by Giovanni Michelotti, which allowed for both closed and open grand touring. This Essential Buyer’s Guide examines the model’s history, evolution, features, fittings, performance and typical problem areas through detailed text and colour photographs of both restored and original examples.
Like Veloce’s other Essential Buyer’s Guides this book features chapters such as “Is it the right car for you?”, a very detailed checklist for rating a potential Stag purchase, advice on deciding whether or not to restore a Stag, paint problems, issues that can arise through underuse, and lists of clubs and spares specialists.
Tony Fox bought his first Stag in 1991, and a total of ten other Stags came and went in the years that followed. He is a director for the Triumph Stag Club, USA and coordinator for the Stag in the Toronto Triumph Club.
A Triumph and Stag enthusiast, Norm Mort has written for car magazines and newspapers for the past 25 years. This is his fourth book on automotive history and restoration.
• Stag enthusiast Norm Mort teams up with restorer and Stag expert Tony Fox
• Comprehensive guide reveals the Stag’s strongest and weakest points
• Details of all model changes made throughout production listed
• Unique and rare options
• Features 100 previously unpublished colour photographs
• Models produced for European and North American markets
• Engine and detail photos
• Production data and original road test info
• Common problem areas