A world of fun, excitement, exploration and satisfaction awaits the owner of one of these iconic Land Rovers – and this book is your ticket to that wonderful world.
Some of the most popular Land Rover pastimes are detailed here, with explanations of how to take part and what equipment you need. This unique book explains how these versatile machines can be modified to suit a vast range of applications, from simple upgrades for easier everyday driving and servicing/renovation tips, right up to large scale conversions for racing, trialling and international expeditions.
Everything is explained in clear, straightforward text, written by a qualified engineer and Land Rover enthusiast with many years of practical experience, and accompanied by detailed photographs to show the reader how it’s all done. Many of the modifications shown were carried out on the writer’s own vehicles, giving the reader an honest account of the effort involved – bruised knuckles and all. Featuring ‘how to’ sections, comparison charts to help you choose which modifications are right for you, detailed spec sheets, and lists of useful contacts, this is the definitive guide to getting the most from these exciting vehicles.
• A unique book, covering all three Land Rover coil sprung models, Defender, Discovery and Range Rover
• From the simple improvements to the extreme, there’s something for everyone
• Full colour pictures clearly show critical areas
• Easy to follow, jargon-free text explains benefits and pitfalls of each modification
• Includes comprehensive buyer’s guide – which models to go for and which to avoid
• Practical maintenance and restoration sections to keep your Land Rover running
• Covers green-laning, play days, trialling, Competitive Safari and other motorsport applications
• Includes essential data sheets with vehicle dimensions, capacities and performance
• Useful contacts for clubs, associations and parts suppliers
• Written by a qualified engineer and Land Rover enthusiast with much experience