A description of the development history of Mazda’s rotary power plant, and the model timelines of the vehicles these engines powered – how one small Japanese automaker remained independent and became famous using a unique engine.
Examines the commercial ups and downs in North America, using rotaries to become a high performance icon and V8 alternative, and charting the racetrack achievements of Mazda rotary racers around the world including in home-country Japan.
Also reveals the pollution control and fuel economy challenges facing Mazda as they strove to keep rotary engines in production to satisfy high performance fans globally.
• The only book to cover all rotary cars in one volume
• The only Mazda book in print to describe pre-RX-7 rotaries
• Contains largely never seen before picture stock
• Created with the help of Mazda Japan
• All versions of Mazda rotary engine shown and described
• Mazda rotary racing achievements around the world
• Learn how to tell rotary clones from the real McCoy
• Dawson archive historical info and first hand experience
• A history of Mazda car and truck building
• Rotary engine tuning around the world