As time goes by, older SLs have tended to fall into the hands of collectors, often becoming too valuable or rare to use on a daily basis. The R230-series, however, launched just over a decade ago, allows the enthusiast to enjoy a genuine modern classic – a car that, thanks to its bloodlines, is guaranteed a place in automotive history.
With very few books written covering the newer SL models, this book – the fourth volume in a series by Brian Long and Veloce Publishing covering all Mercedes SL models – brings the complete story of the R230 to life.
An invaluable resource, it is not only the ideal reference work – both for fans of the Stuttgart marque, and for those looking for originality in their own car – but, with its stunning photography, and contemporary material gathered from all over the world, also makes a true connoisseur’s coffee table book.
• The full history of the R230 SL models
• Home market models are covered in great detail
• Covers export markets, including the US, UK and Japan
• Detailed appendices
• Contemporary photography helps with future restorations
• Contemporary brochures and adverts reproduced
• Includes an in-depth look at the SL precursors to the R230
• Written by a recognised motoring author and historian
• Produced with the full co-operation of the factory
• Fourth in an established series of SL books by Veloce Publishing