• Stunning contemporary photography, mostly in colour
• Year-by-year coverage of all the road cars
• Detailed vehicle profiles for authenticity
• Competition exploits covered in detail
• World markets reviewed to give a true picture of the cars available
• Full co-operation from the factory
• Written by a long-term SL/SLC owner, enthusiast and highly-regarded motoring historian Brian Long
• Detailed appendices
This detailed and beautifully illustrated book covers the Mercedes-Benz 107 series, from 1971 to 1989. Written by a highly regarded motoring historian.this is THE definitive study of the subject. All major world markets are looked at, along with competition history. Appendices cover engine specifications, chassis numbers and build numbers.
It’s hard to believe, but the 107-series Mercedes-Benz SL was launched almost 50 years ago. However, its timeless styling has kept it fresh and attractive in the eyes of a new generation of enthusiasts, as well as those going back to the car having owned one when they were still in dealerships. The availability of the practical SLC (an extended, four-seater fixed-head coupé version), simply adds to the desirability of these classic German machines. A combination of superb original design, peerless engineering and build quality has ensured that many of these cars can still be seen in regular use today.
Covering the SL and SLC’s ever-changing specification, race and rally record – and its presence in many of the world’s major markets – is a huge task, but it’s all presented here in definitive detail, along with stunning contemporary photography.
Reissued as part of Veloce’s Classic Reprint series, this volume will readily grace any reference library shelf or connoisseur’s coffee table.
1971 to 1989