Mercedes-Benz Trucks is not only is the first new book examining the history and development of Mercedes-Benz trucks in decades, but is also the first to examine the brand’s truck products and operations from a truly global perspective. Originally perceived as a European manufacturer, today, the company builds trucks in the four corners of the world – from the Americas and Australia, to China and Russia – and all of these entities and the products they build are explored here.
Historical information and material from Mercedes-Benz’s official archives is combined with original colour images of working trucks, including the very latest environmentally compliant models, to give the reader an in-depth picture of how the company has grown, both organically and by acquisition, to become the most dominant global truck maker.
Extensively researched, and encompassing information from operators, dealers, drivers, and individuals who have been involved with the marque, this unique book provides a never before seen perspective on how Mercedes-Benz developed its products to provide transportation solutions across some of the most diverse operating conditions in the world.
• The most comprehensive book on the subject to date
• Includes details of the very latest truck models
• Examines all partnerships, acquisitions and alliances
• Covers all Mercedes-Benz truckmakers, worldwide
• Includes input from worldwide researchers
• Contains previously unpublished and rare photos
• Extensively researched information from Mercedes-Benz’s own archives
• Focusses on the biggest, ‘baddest,’ and most unusual trucks