Buying your first motorcycle can be a daunting and complicated process – from passing the theory and practical tests, to choosing a bike and keeping it (and yourself) safe. This book has the answers you need, taking the first-time biker through the whole experience, from deciding to ride, to how to get the most out of your bike. Through friendly, clear, and jargon-free text, it explains every step of this journey: the pros and cons of biking; what type of bike might suit you best; what you’ll need to do to get on the road (licence, training, insurance); and choosing the right kit (helmet, jacket, gloves and boots).
Then there’s the buying process – should you buy privately, from a dealer, or via an online seller. If buying a secondhand bike, what should you look for? What about financing and a warranty? And once you’ve got the bike, how do you keep it secure and running well? Finally, there are tips on where to ride, and how to get the most out of your bike. In a nutshell, it’s the whole story for a new motorcyclist.
• A comprehensive guide to buying your first motorcycle
• Clear, friendly jargon-free text
• Legal issues clearly explained
• Advice on which type of bike will suit you best
• How to get training
• Buying a secondhand bike – what to look for
• The essentials – finance, insurance, and warranty
• Security – how to keep your first bike safe
• Maintenance – how to keep it running well
• The social scene – where to ride and meeting spots