Reg May has put pen to paper to create a record of iconic and historic races, including such classics as the 1955 Mille Miglia, and the 1957 German Grand Prix – races that the author has heard and read about since his childhood, and that have left a lasting impression.
With personal opinions, careful observations, and measured reflections on motor racing in general, Reg has added his own personal experiences of motor racing, and penned a volume that excites as well as informs the reader.
Reg injects his infectious enthusiasm for the sport, whilst painting a vivid picture of each event and its backdrop, Racing with Heroes captures the atmosphere of these great races, immersing the reader in the action as history is made.
Covers from 1935 to 2011
• Experience the atmosphere of thrilling and iconic races from 1935 to 2011
• Includes race reports, personal views and experiences
• Photographs from the featured events
• Featured races include circuit maps
• Pen and ink driver illustrations of three World Champions
• Incorporates personal memorabilia, acquired over the years
• Contains descriptions and experiences from ex-racing driver Bob Cook
• Reveals the author’s thoughts on, and personal experiences of, racing
• Packed with background information on races and drivers