The Volkswagen Beetle and Karmann Ghia (Type 1) Service Manual: 1966-1969 covers the Beetles, Convertibles, and Karmann Ghias for the model years 1966, 1967, 1968, and 1969. This manual was created specifically to cover models built for sale in the United States and Canada.
- 1300 air-cooled (1285 cc, 78.3 cubic inches, 50 SAE bhp)
- 1500 air-cooled (1493 cc, 91.1 cubic inches, 53 SAE bhp)
This book features wiring diagrams (including 6-volt systems), convertible top repair, carburetor rebuilding (30 PICT-1 and 30 PICT-2) and comprehensive year and model specifications and troubleshooting tables. Like the later-model Type 1 manual, this is a comprehensive source for service and repair information.
- Full data and instructions for all major repairs on engines, clutches, and transmissions
- Rebuilding and adjusting the carburetor for maximum economy and reduced exhaust emissions
- How to rebuild disc and drum brakes for safer stops with older cars
- Taking the play out of worn front ends and steering gears
- How to align front and rear wheels for reduced tire wear and lower rolling resistance
- Troubleshooting, replacing, or repairing every component of the electrical system-with full wiring diagrams for every model
- Complete specifications and instructions for money-saving tune-ups
- Spark advance curves that will help you spot fuelwasting, worn-out distributors
- Do-it-yourself body repairs that help keep older bugs looking new
- Plus tolerances, wear limits, adjustments and tightening torque specifications that you’ve come to expect from Bentley manuals