The story of the air-cooled era presented entirely in the wonderful style of VW’s classic sales brochures.
The incredibly popular sixties design classics, with their enduring appeal, the original air-cooled Volkswagen cars and Transporters are fully explored in this fascinating book. A unique picture-led chronicle of the Volkswagen story through the fifties and sixties, this book makes extensive use of the artwork from contemporary promotional literature for a real ‘retro’ feel. A must have for motoring enthusiasts and VW devotees alike.
- Re-lives the spirit of the fifties and sixties
- Includes rarely seen and valuable archive material
- Includes substantial sections covering the VW of the moment – the Transporter
- Unique format and retro style of presentation
- Includes the VW 1500/1600 models which are rarely covered in print
- An interesting text that questions long held opinions
- A collectable treasure in its own right for all VW enthusiasts
About the Author
With the best part of thirty VW titles to his name, ranging from Beetle books to Buses and Golfs, Richard Copping is regarded as a leading author and marque expert on matters Volkswagen in Britain and beyond.