Want to get maximum performance from your MGB? This is the book for you!
Containing all you could want to know, and all the expert tips about getting the maximum performance, for road or track, from the MGB’s four-cylinder B-series engine. This expanded and updated edition is packed with clear, understandable, down-to-earth advice. Starting with the first principles of engine power, it shows how you can tune and enhance every aspect of the MGB B-series engine, and more. Covering the ‘top ten’ of engine tuning techniques in detail, Peter Burgess goes yet further – from handy ‘power recipes’ for getting the performance that you want, to in-depth instructions on improving handling with suspension, brake and tyre upgrades.
Detailed appendices are included, providing useful formulae, cam timing tables for Piper and Kent cams, and a host of performance and tuning data to help you with your tuning
• New expanded and updated edition
• Explains the ‘first principles’ of engine power and tuning
• Handy ‘power recipes’ to help achieve the performance you want
• How to improve airflow, camshafts, carburation, ignition and exhaust
• Lubrication and cooling systems improvements
• Uprating suspension, wheels, tyres, and steering for better handling
• How to setup and tune on a rolling road
• Comprehensive appendix with formulae and tuning data
• Includes cam timing tables for Piper and Kent cams
• List of specialists and suppliers to help with your MGB tuning