The berlinettes were fragile, beautifully designed, lightweight road rockets. For the first time, Alpine Renault enthusiasts around the world can read the complete history of them in English.
This book is not just for owners of Alpine Renaults, but for all those interested in rallying and its spectacular period of rapid development in the late 1960s and early ’70s. Hear from the men who built the cars, some of the great drivers who became famous driving them, the team manager, the Redele family – creators of the car – and the mechanics who kept the cars going. The story covers the concept, the first cars, the early road cars, and their entry into competition on the European rallying circuit, with full charted documentary details.
The Alpine A110 berlinette was a car born to compete, born to win. This is its story.
• The first comprehensive history of the ‘berlinette’ in English
• Dozens of previously unseen archive images of the cars in competition
• Reproductions of detailed homologation competition documents
• Unique look behind the scenes of the factory rally team
• Interviews and descriptions of the period from drivers and mechanics
• Charted record of all main competition results
• Data to help current owners locate components for their own cars
• Foreword by Jean Todt
• Period photographs in colour and mono