The only book currently available that comprehensively deals with the realities of restoring a VW Bay Window Bus. With over 1500 mainly colour photos, it guides the reader clearly through body and chassis repairs, paint work, interior re-trimming and most common mechanical problems. The skills, techniques and even the tools needed to complete these tasks are explained in jargon free language, to ensure that even those enthusiasts with no previous restoration experience will feel confident in sorting out their Bus. An indispensable and unique guide for lovers of these fast appreciating classics.
• A unique publication, no other VW ‘Bay Window’ restoration book on the market
• Fully illustrated guide to restoring all of the problem areas
• Clear, jargon-free text
• Real-life restoration carried out by the author
• Guide to the techniques and skills needed to restore your Bus
• Concentrates on areas not covered by workshop manuals
• The author has been a VW Bus enthusiast for nearly 30 years
• Advice on what to leave to the professionals
• No Bus owner should be without this essential book!
• Covers 1967 to 1979 Bus, Camper and Van (Type 2 Transporter) models