This book tells the definitive international story of the Volkswagen Type 3. Simon Glen writes from first-hand experience, having owned seven Type 3s – five Variants, a 1500 Notchback and a 1500S Karmann·Ghia – which have been driven through Africa, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
Covering the Type 3’s 20 year production span, and detailing Type 3 Notchbacks, Fastbacks, Variants and the Karmann Ghia, this book provides a fascinating insight into the history and production of these classic cars.
- 3,000,000 + Type 3s built around the world
- Type 3s and models based upon them were built in Germany, South Africa, Australia and Brazil
- 20 year production span internationally
- Includes the Karmann Ghia TC & SP models
- Covers concept and prototypes
- Covers international production and model developments
- Includes the Type 3 in motorsport
- The definitive work
- Hardback • 20.7x25cm • 160 pages • 1114 pictures