The 2-stroke Vespa is a style icon – an undoubted classic, and an immediately recognised symbol of its native Italy. Demand for these stylish scooters is booming, and interest in restoring and renovating them is at an all-time high.
With its clear and concise text aided by extensively captioned full colour photographs, this practical book guides the DIY enthusiast through all the stages of restoring a classic largeframe 2-stroke Vespa, taking it from a rusty, unroadworthy wreck back to its factory fresh, former glory. It shows how to assess wear in all mechanical components, then assists in deciding the best and most cost effective method to renovate or repair. The largeframe engines are covered in detail, giving the reader confidence to carry out their own repairs to a high standard – both satisfying and cost effective. Brakes, suspension, electrical systems and brightwork are all addressed, from changing a bulb to welding in a new floor pan. Altogether an essential reference for all Vespa enthusiasts.
• Real life restoration carried out by the author
• Covers areas not found in traditional workshop manuals
• Advice on whether to repair, renovate or replace components
• Clear, concise text
• Over 800 full colour photographs
• Step by step guidance for those tricky jobs
• Advice on parts
• Special tools, their purchase, use and alternatives
• Advice on what to leave to the professionals
• No Vespa owner would want to be without this book