The 987-series built on the success of the original Boxster, and also spawned a new coupe version called the Cayman. In true Porsche tradition, the model was subjected to a programme of continuous development and allowed to evolve, with increasingly sportier versions following year after year. Told by a leading marque authority, this is the definitive story of Porsche’s affordable two-seater models from prototype stage to 2012, which signalled the end of the 987’s run. The work is complete with factory-sourced images and details of the cars sold in all major markets.
• Stunning contemporary photography, virtually all in colour.
• Year-by-year coverage of all the production models.
• World markets reviewed to give a true picture of the cars available.
• Full co-operation from the factory.
• Serves as an invaluable guide as these cars become collectable.
• Written by an acknowledged motoring historian.
• Detailed appendices.
• Colour and trim guides included.
• Comes with concise buyers’ guide section.
• Written by a long-term Porsche owner and enthusiast.