Not only has Cosworth designed and supplied many race car engines, which won F1, CART, and many other Championship races, but it has also produced many celebrated high-performance road-car engines. In more recent times, its growing expertise in developing electronic data capture components, and in providing ultra-high-tech engine manufacturing facilities, has made it a world leader. The expansion continues, and in this book the Cosworth story has been brought up-to-the-minute to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the birth of the legendary DFV F1 engine.
• The complete practical guide to modifying SUs for high performance applications
• Step-by-step illustrated procedures
• Millions of cars are equipped with SU carburettors
• Includes needle profiling
• Des Hammill is an engineer and professional race engine builder