Designed by Dr Porsche to a Volkswagen commission, the 924 broke the Porsche tradition of an air-cooled, rear mounted power unit. This sea-change in Porsche design philosophy dismayed many diehard Porsche fans, but succeeded in making the marque more accessible and led to a whole line of very fine front-engined Porsches. Affordable, durable and with excellent performance and handling, the 924 is now well established as a desirable and practical classic.
• The definitive history of the internationally popular Porsche 924
• The 924 has now become established as a useable & affordable classic
• High quality artpaper production, heavily illustrated, colour throughout
• Includes expert advice on buying & restoring
• Includes the 924’s international motorsport career
• Illustrations acquired with the full assistance of Porsche
• Brian Long is the author of well-respected Porsche 356 & 914 histories