A year-by-year guide to the Triumph 350/500cc unit construction twins, complete with all the variations. A full technical description is given, as well as advice on buying and living with a Triumph 350 or 500.
Want to be an expert on Triumph’s 350 and 500 unit-construction twins? Here is everything you need to know about these classic machines.
Alongside the headline-grabbing bikes – the Bonneville and Trident – Triumph built a whole series of smaller 350/500cc machines, with all the style of their bigger brothers, but lighter in weight, easier to ride, and now cheaper to buy.
The Triumph 350/500s played a key role in the company’s success through the 1960s, in North America as well as the UK. The range included everything from the original 350cc 3TA, a mild-mannered tourer, to the final Daytona Tiger 500 (a modified version of which won the Daytona 500 race in 1967), and the TR5T trail bike.
This comprehensive book covers the complete history of these bikes, with details of model variants, advice on buying and living with a Triumph 350/500, technical specifications, and a list of useful contacts.
- The complete history of the classic Triumph 350/500 motorcycles
- How and why each model was introduced
- Triumph 350/500 competition successes
- Transformation from touring 3TA to race-winning Daytona 500
- How to date your Triumph 350/500
- A guide to factory records and production
- What to look for when buying a Triumph 350/500
- Useful contacts – clubs, parts suppliers, restorers
- Useful mods and upgrades for keeping a Triumph 350/500 on the road
- The most comprehensive book ever devoted to the classic Triumph 350/500 motorcycles
- Format: Paperback
- Dimensions: 20.7cm x 25cm
- Pages: 160
- Pictures: 224