Most of the many available books about Triumph motorcycles concentrate on the bigger Bonneville and Trident ranges. Yet alongside these headline-grabbing bikes, Triumph also built a series of smaller 350 and 500cc machines that possessed all the style of their bigger brothers, but were lighter in weight, easier to ride, and now cheaper to buy, too.
This straightforward, practical Essential Buyer’s Guide contains all the advice you need on buying one of these classic motorcycles, from the earliest Twenty-one, to the final Daytona and TR5T. It reveals what these bikes are like to live with, assesses the values, advantages and disadvantages of the different models, plus, of course explains what to look for when buying one – engine, transmission, frame, brakes, electrics, paint … everything you need to know!
• The reality of living with a Triumph 350 or 500 twin
• Shows the market value of each model
• Detailed, step-by-step inspection guide
• Guidance on spares prices
• Problems that arise with lack of use
• Advice on buying at auction
• Restore, or pay more to start with?
• Production facts and figures
• Useful contacts, including clubs, parts suppliers, and restorers
• A no-nonsense, straightforward guide to buying a Triumph 350 or 500 twin