The Rootes Group, although only achieving a 10-12 per cent market share, were the sixth largest British car manufacturer: more importantly, during the 1950s, more than half the cars they produced were exported. With every model produced from 1950 onwards featured in full colour and with detailed information – including colour schemes, optional equipment, technical specifications, plus other manufacturers’ cars built using Rootes components – this is the ultimate book for all Hillman, Humber, Singer and Sunbeam enthusiasts. Cars produced by Chrysler/Talbot and Peugeot after their acquisition of the Rootes Group are also included.
This book includes hundreds of original photographs, taken by the author at many car shows over a number of years, and provides a unique pictorial history of Rootes-manufactured cars.
With exports sometimes exceeding home market sales, Rootes cars can be found all over the world.
More information than you will find on the Internet!
Includes cars built using Rootes car components.
• Detailed model-by-model comparisons
• Extensively illustrated with colour photographs
• Includes body and styling differences
• Lists colour scheme options
• Detailed technical information
• Standard and optional equipment details
• Dashboard instrument layouts and photographs
• Includes export models
• Covers cars built using Rootes car components